Saturday 26 May 2012

TCJpart57 it's Fashion Darling




THE 'TOM TOP':
You guessed it....I have famous as well as super-gorgeous horses....



HORSE IMAGERY is so on-trend:  and this is the story of how Tom&Henry are about to become icons of fashion. ..well that was bound to happen wasn't it?

It won't have escaped your notice how horses are appearing on fashion items everywhere from dresses and tops, knitwear and jewellery, and metalware in the shapes of stirrups and bits on handbags too.  High street to designer brands, the imagery of equines is everywhere.


















Naturally as a horse owner working in a fashion design studio in London, I was ever so slightly influential to the team around me as to the actual horses that were used for these trends at my place of work, Marks and Spencer...namely Tom & Henry. 





             
                                                              




...well, where else would they find such stunning images of horses?

If you are a regular visitor to my blog you will recognise their images immediately.  

Tom & Henry appear on t’shirts and loop-back tops throughout the season, and I will add photos as they become available in-store.

The first piece to appear was the 'Tom Top', a Spring12 Indigo Collection for M&S.

...you can just about see the old bungalow next door in the background!







...and here he is, the real thing Mr Tom, totally unchanged by his fame, he has decided he just wants to lead a normal life and be treated like a regular horse,  he will sign photos though! ...





































When the next top comes out in Autumn12 it will have both of them on it, I wonder if Henry will take being a fashion icon quite so humbly?

Who would have thought owning horses would take such interesting turns?




Tom appears totally unphased by his fame...but I do have to adore him a little more...that's not hard! 

He has breakfast in bed some mornings when he's just too famous to get up, I have to put his bowl under his nose while he eats lying down....

..and finishes it lying down...then I clear away...

...and he's stretching and lying out flat!!!
Those boys!



I have bought these for all my friends and my Mum has one too!!!

Such handsome chaps those horses. xxxx




...it's OK Henry, your T'shirt will be on sale in September xxx

                           ...Henry doesn't care so long as I don't wake him up!








No comments: