Monday 7 May 2012

TCJpart52 An Unnoficial OBITUARY





FAMILIES part2: A very sad loss of a very great horse.



HOLME GROVE SOLOMON. 26 year old champion stallion, and father of Tom, died very suddenly of a heart attack in his field 26th April this year.  He had been watching his mares, he will be sorely missed by all those who knew or met him and of course by the Trakehner community. Solomon was Holme Grove's first foal.

RIP Solomon, love xx



I went out this morning, slung my arms around Tom's neck and told him the news.  He looked at me thoughtfully and rubbed his head on me.  Having recently lost my own Dad, I think my body language and attitude conveyed a message not possible vocaly, we had a quiet moment together.

Not quite as handsome as Solomon, my Dad was no less remarkable.  I miss him too. Here's a big  cosmic hug to all those untangible Dads xxx














Tom's Blood Line
Holme Grove Constable (Tom)
(Bay Colt)
Born: 14 April 2002 at 03:50
Family Tree
Sire
Holme Grove Solomon
(Chestnut)
Fernando
(Chestnut)
Freude II (Grey)
H.G. Schlobitten
(Bay)
Schoene Schwalbe (Bay)
Dam
Holme Grove Copelia
(Bay)
Bartholdy
(Bay)
Balaika II (Chestnut)
SPS H.G. Cordula IV
(Bay)
Schiwago
Coretta

No comments: