Thursday 11 October 2012

TCJpart92 Spending Time








A HOT SUMMERS' AFTERNOON:
...and spending time just hanging out with my boys was just the thing I needed to get over a nasty spell of the flu and escape a house of builders.

 
 























So it was, I grabbed a magazine, Your Horse as it turned out, a bottle of water, shoved on my old mountain horse boots and settled myself down in the shade under the eves of the yard.  Began to read with the tranquil sounds of munching and deep breathing in the background.
The boys are very used to me positioning myself amongst them, offering myself up as an honorary herd member and chilling out.  This time they got as close to me as they could and fell asleep directly above my head.  I  love it when they do this, it's like they're trusting me to keep an eye out for foe.


 

After a few minutes, because that's all the time they spend sleeping, they begin waking up, and that's when trouble begins.









Tom grabbed my water and waved it about and Henry, not altogether fully agreeing with the sentiments of the article I was reading..


...reading about manners, and how to teach your horse to have some...and as if to prove the point of the text, Henry grabs the magazine and tears the page out!

This is just a lovely tale of spending time with my boys and how calm they make me feel when I'm with them.  I love them.

No comments: