Saturday 25 February 2012

TCJp33 Life after Mud fever: Part Two




SPRING12: ....and Henry is clearly feeling better!



We unashamedly take quite a few photos of Tom & Henry, today 25 February, the boys went back out to grass after winter (well the 2 weeks of winter we had here anyway).





As you can see from the pictures, they thought letting them out to grass finally was a brilliant idea.  The pasture has recovered very well and the grass is already growing.  I wonder if it will be able to keep up with the munching!?  Henry has all but recovered from his bout of mudfever, and all this extra excersise can only help.  The land is quite dry too.




I will take him for a short ride tomorrow and see or rather feel how he is.

BUT: grass is todays important message........So this is how the morning developed....and unusually, Tom started it all!!!




















You can easily see from this sequence how Tom could unseat me.


























Yes, Henry is definitely feeling better.  swelling down, heat gone...all good.
Mud Fever:  there is life afterwards.





















ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh, those itchy bits...


Tom's coat is coming out thick and fast.


I think I'll just stay down here a minute for a little nap, all this galloping about does take it out of one!  Butler!!! where's my back rub!!






Don't worry.....I've got it.....




This is their chewed 'horse-ball', a subtle sign the boys wanted out!








So there it is....expect I'll see the boys sometime on Tuesday!

No comments: