Tuesday 31 March 2015

a new piece of kit...

 

Micklem bitless
...for a while now, I've been plotting to overthrow the piece of metal I use in Tom & Henry's bridles, and go bitless.

 
My reasons are two-fold. One, and most importantly, I want my boys to be pain and discomfort-free, to be happy and willing - and two - I want to de-clutter their pretty faces from all the superfluous leather.


They both have Mylar low-port comfort snaffles, so they already have a kind bit soloution, but the more I read, the more I ride, the more I'm determined to do this.












 











 I have read about anatomy, and this made me even more determined to go this way.

 




So, after much research, I landed on Micklem - the bridle which has many configurations including bitless - at three different levels of 'hold'.



 




 As I type, my new bridle (and I bought just the one to try-out), is waiting at the Post Office for me to collect. So, for the Easter bank holiday - Tom and Henry will go bitless for the first time.  




 













...cant wait.

this is what I have selected - I will, of course, let you know how it went...with lots of photos of course.


   

No comments: