Thursday 10 April 2014

...springtime....





...and the land needs attention...
...the top 2 fields are done, but the final one - the 'pony paddock', the one that gets the maximum hoof-fall needs some serious harrowing,  and this is the weekend to do it, because the grass is growing fast.








My neighbours land, Boob-tube Lisa's, was being farmed last night, through the night.  Tractors with their lights on working all night in the dark.  It reminded me that time - like land - can wait for no man.  I need to get out in the Landy at the weekend myself and see to my paddock, with Placebo playing to keep me in rhythm.





























You'll see from the photos with Min modeling the deep hoof-shaped ruts, there's lots of hard divots from rampaging Trakehners - I will work this to the extreme, re-seed and make this a perfect surface for growing healthy grass.


As you can see Tom and Henry are very proud of their grazing.

















.... Coco, get off my land!  






No comments: