Thursday 23 May 2013

..the aftermath...




...Tom, and the stitches come out...finally...
Today the vet came and gave Tom the big thumbs up, and took out his stitches:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

First she cleaned the area with weak Hibiscrub, then proceeded to cut and whip out the bright blue wires one by one. 
 
 
 
Her blade was curved and the process quick.  Tom must have felt the top ones more because he fidgeted and raised his leg up.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I've had my fair share of stitches out, and though not painful it does have a weird pulling sensation, which I'm guessing Tom didn't like.  But without sedative, he did stand still and allow it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I invited the vet to linger and watch as the boys were turned out finally, since she gave me the green light to allow Tom to test his scar to the limit!
 
 
 
 
 
...and test it he did, they love being out at grass since they have been restricted since the 'unfortunate incident'.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Take a look at these photos, you'll see.
 

 

 
 

 


 


 
 

 
...I think you'll agree, all back to normal now...

No comments: