Friday 8 March 2013

...I know what you're thinking...






...because I'm thinking it too...
GRASS!
the weather is consecutively above 5degrees with a heady mixture of sunshine and rainfall...and not too much of the latter... and that my friends, is grass growing weather.


  ...from this......



....to this, in a few weeks.  

Before we get too excited, remember to watch out for ragwort and other harmful weeds.



I have harrowed and re-seeded my top 2 fields in preparation for Spring proper, now the long wait for two to three weeks (the recommended time allowed) before turn out can resume in earnest.  the Boys will be so happy.

remember to poo-pick regularly too.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really looking forward to Spring and getting our Trakehners back out on the grass! Susan, Holme Park Stud
PS: enjoy your blog x

Shelley Rand said...

us too! love Tom & Henry xxx