Thursday 20 December 2012

the Best Medicine






HORSES:
Tom & Henry can beat any night out or new handbag hooves down without trying.
I am often asked why do I get up so early, in all weathers, and travel nearly 2 hours to work every day, the answer is simple, because I love to.

Just look into their faces, their dark brown huge eyes is all I need to know, life just would be dull without them.




The boys are currently in the yard throwing haylage everywhere and making a mess, I will of course go out and clear it up several times today, because I have to have a tidy and clean yard.  

But this is how I get to know my boys, by spending time around them, during their days. This time is when you learn a lot about your own horse.

 
Horses simplify everything, because their own life is simple survival, they don't over complicate things like we tend to do, they either like something or take off, simple as that.

...learning his moods and what makes him alert or the atmospheres that allow him rest and to relax, are his way of dealing.





...and consequently this has an effect on my own moods and how I deal with life's little dramas. Trying not to complicate things, and it helps too.
My work life is quite stressful, and a day of dealing with difficult people is simply fixed by spending time with the boys.  Any foul mood I am in, simply dissipates as I get close to home and disappears entirely once I get into the yard. 

 Tom & Henry are good medicine.
I'd like to think Tom & Henry get something from me too, thats' not just dinner, and as another year rolls to an end, we all wish you a Happy New Year from WW!


No comments: